A. Receive payments through your Shopify webshop.
STEP 1: Set up your Shopify webshop
STEP 2: Set up Shopify payments
You can gather payments with different payment methods in Shopify:
This means you can receive different online payments, like Bancontact payments, paypal payments and credit card payments.
I only recommend software I personally use. I might receive a commission when you buy anything through one of these links!
B. Enroll students in your Teachable course.
What you need:
- a Shopify webshop
- a Teachable account
If you don’t have a Teachable account, you can enjoy a free trial through this link: www.fastforwardamy.com/teachable (scroll to the bottom)
- a Zapier account
Zapier has a free limited version you can use.
STEP 1: Set up your Zapier account and create your first Zap
- Go to to www.zapier.com and create a free account.
- Click on ‘Make a Zap’.
- Give your Zap a name.
- Choose ‘Shopify' as your ‘Trigger App'. Click ‘Continue'.
STEP 2: Fill in the following data for Shopify:
1. Choose app & event:
- New Paid Order
2. Choose account:
- Shopify (Connect your Shopify webshop and click on continue.)
Click on ‘test’ to make sure it works.
3. Customize Paid order:
- Payment Status: Paid
- Order Status: Open
- Fulfillment status: Any
4. Find data:
- Paid Order A
STEP 2B: You can add an ‘EXTRA FILTER' if you want to link this Zap to a SPECIFIC course
- Click on the plus icon.
- Click on ‘Filter’.
- Choose app & events: ‘Filter by Zapier’
- Filter set up & testing:
- Fill in: Line items name, contains, and type a part of the course title you are looking for.
- Click on the course name.
STEP 3: Fill in the following data for Teachable
- Click on the plus icon and choose: ‘Teachable’.
1. Choose app & events:
- ‘Teachable’ and ‘Enroll user in course’.
2. Choose account:
- Teachable (Connect your Teachable account and click on continue.)
3. Customize enroll user:
- Choose the title of the course
- The name and email address have to be exported from Shopify to Teachable.
- You can leave ‘password’ empty, so people can choose their own.
4. Send data:
- ‘Test and continue’
STEP 4: Turn your Zap on
If it works, DON’T FORGET to turn your Zap on via the button right above of your screen.