Acuity is one of my most favorite software tools ever and I use it on a weekly basis. It has saved me a LOT of time and needless back-and-forth communication.
What is Acuity?
It's basically an online calendar you can set up to sync with your own calendar, call systems etc. for easy meeting scheduling with clients and acquaintances. I love using it for intakes with my clients and I can even attach forms to call bookings so I can ask questions before people book a call!
You can get started with a free trial via my affiliate link: www.fastforwardamy.com/acuity
I only recommend software I personally use. I might receive a commission when you buy anything through these links!
STEP 1: Create your account.
- Go to www.fastforwardamy.com/acuity
- Click on ‘Try it now’.
- Enter your e-mail address and create a password.
- Click on ‘Create my account’.
- Enter the details about your business.
- Click on ‘Ok, let’s get started!’.
STEP 2: Set up your availability.
- Click on the left under ‘Business Settings’ on ‘Availability’.
At the top you will see a normal work week from Monday to Sunday.
– Here you can enter the normal availability per day.
At the bottom you see a calendar with dates.
– Here you can overwrite the availability of the normal work week.
This means: If you are normally available on Monday from 9 am till 12 pm for consultations, but on Monday the 29th of July you have to go to somewhere (so you are unavailable that day), then you can enter this in the calendar. For that specific day, the 29th of July, your customers will not be able to book appointments.
How to fill in the availability of the normal work week.
- Press the box of the day you want to adjust.
- Use a hyphen for time blocks.
Eg 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Use a comma for multiple time blocks.
Eg 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- If you want an appointment to always starts at a certain hour, fill in the different starting hours.
Eg 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 14:00 PM
- Use a hyphen for time blocks.
STEP 3: How to install payment options in Acuity.
Note: In this step we assume that you have already created a business PayPal and Stripe account. If you don't have these yet, you should go and create them.
- You use Stripe to receive credit card payments
- You use PayPal to receive PayPal payments
Install your payment methods:
- Click under ‘Business settings’ on ‘Payment settings’.
- The currency is set to euro by default. If not, you can adjust this.
- Choose: ‘Both Stripe and PayPal’ under payments.
- Choose ‘Require Full Payment’.
- Enter the email address of your business PayPal account.
- Click on ‘Connect with Stripe’ follow the further steps.
- Click on ‘Save Settings’.
- Create an account on Zoom through www.fastforwardamy.com/zoom.
- In Acuity: click under ‘Business settings’ on ‘Integrations’.
- In Zoom click on ‘Set up’ and then on ‘Sign in to Zoom’
- Give Zoom access to Acuity.
- Choose for which service you want to use Zoom.
- Under “Zoom settings“, choose “Enable join before host” and “Start meetings without video“.
- Click on ‘Save’.
You are completely ready to start using your online calendar. Did you think this was interesting? Would you like to have a concrete step-by-step plan to build your online brand?
Then I have the perfect solution for you! I created the START YOUR ONLINE BRAND course with a 4-step method to build your online business.
This course is COMPLETELY FREE and can be followed via: www.fastforwardamy.com/startyouronlinebrand
Start now and thank me later 😉