You probably know that showing up on social media will get you lightyears ahead of others, but knowing you have to do something is very different from actually doing it.
This is where I see most starting entrepreneurs and business owners get stuck… Self-doubt hits you like a jackknife, and maybe you're thinking:
“Why would anyone want to consume MY content?”
“Why would anyone listen to ME, and what should I post?”
“How can I STAND OUT in the noisy online world?”
I hear you. I used to feel like this, too, not wanting to have my face out there. It was terrifying at first… but everything changed when I discovered a formula that helped me produce value-packed content that people actually want to consume online.
Let me introduce you to one of the most powerful frameworks we've ever created: The Authentic Authority Blueprint.
Do you feel like everything you want to say, has already been said?
I bet you're already thinking,
“What can I say online that hasn't already been said?”
“Who am I?”
or maybe you're like, “Who am I to share what I know?”
There's nothing new under the sun… except for YOU, you and you!
If you're serious about selling more and attracting more clients, you need to stand out and put your uniqueness to good use.
You can do that by using the power of authentic authority.
Use the power of authentic authority
The key to creating valuable content for your audience is to lean into your authentic authority. Doing so will help you with two things:
- Avoid going on an ego trip where you only create me, me, me content.
- Ensure your fans and prospects get value from what you put online.
Authentic authority is a two-fold concept that we can apply to many areas of a business, for instance, building a personal brand, content creation, coaching, and much more.
Let's split up the concept:
Be clear on what you know; what's your expertise and knowledge?
You need to build up authority to convince prospects you have a certain area of expertise, so they want to hire you later down the line.
Example: a videographer needs to show they're good at what they do by showing their portfolio. So when you want to hire this person, you know they are the best at what they do.
What makes you unique? Authenticity is about your values, your opinions, and how you perceive the world. There's only ONE you, and that's what you want to show people.
Example: continuing the videographer example from above, to stand out, they must make a portfolio that is personal and relatable to show who they are behind the camera. Maybe they have a special way of working with clients that's worth highlighting.
Authenticity is about asking yourself, what makes me ‘me'?
Recap: Authority + Authenticity
To successfully employ authentic authority,
- Show you're an expert with the appropriate knowledge.
- Infuse what you do with who you are; spice it up with your uniqueness. As my dad likes to say it: add your special salt and pepper.
Let the Authentic Authority Blueprint work for you
With the core principles of authentic authority in place, it's time to look at how you can put this concept to good use for your online content creation.
Meet your new best friend: The Authentic Authority Blueprint.
There are tons of blueprints online, focused mostly on boring theory, but this blueprint is literally your hands-on plan (or manual if you will) to become an authentic authority.
The gist of the Authentic Authority Blueprint is this: to become an authentic authority; you can use a division in percentages of all the content you put out on a daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly basis.
Divided into 4 categories, it looks like this:
#1 40% of the time: focus on value and share what you know
Answer questions, give tips, share advice, and address the pain points prospects deal with. Provide value with your expert content.
#2 20% of the time: show behind the scenes
Bring your audience to work with you and use the theme ‘a day in the life of…' Trust me; people are super interested in what you are doing behind the scenes; they want to be a part of your story.
#3 20% of the time: pitch what you're selling
Focus mostly on sales and pitch content here. Tell people what you do, what you offer, and pitch your message.
#4 20% of the time: share personal and lifestyle content
In between the other categories, don't forget to insert some personal and lifestyle content, too. What are you doing when you're not working? How are you spending time with your loved ones?
The mix of these four categories is your Authentic Authority Blueprint.
You can use this blueprint weekly to guide your content creation, for instance:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: focus on value and share what you know
- Tuesday: show behind the scenes
- Thursday: pitch what you're selling
- Saturday and Sunday: share personal and lifestyle content.
INSTEAD of using the blueprint weekly, you can also combine the different categories.
For instance, a dietician is hosting a mini training on how to become healthier on Instagram stories (value and expertise). Rather than filming the training in a Pinterest-perfect kitchen setup, she records the video in her own kitchen (behind the scenes).
That way, she's not only providing value but infusing it with some lifestyle and unique content, and that's where it gets really interesting!
Remember, a perfect pitch or training doesn't necessarily give people a reason to buy from you, but an imperfect pitch makes you relatable and authentic.
RECAP: stop worrying about what others are doing
With the Authentic Authority Blueprint in your hands, you're ready to put yourself and your business out there. If you're still paralyzed and terrified to take the next steps, I want you to remember these last takeaways:
- Be you: whatever you'll do, it's going to be in your unique way. Stop worrying about what others have already said or done. It will never be like how you will do it.
- Talk about the obvious: what's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to others. Focus on your ideal clients and tune in to what they want to know. Maybe your ideal client is just like you were 5 years ago. What did you wish you knew back then? What were your struggles?
- Make an impact: always, ALWAYS, work to make an impact and help others move forward. Don't post from your ego; post to make a difference, and infuse your expertise with your uniqueness.
It's safe to say I'm SUPER excited for you to put the Authentic Authority Blueprint to use. This is that kick in the butt you've been waiting for. Let's go!
PS Get more tips on how to create content with our Content Brainstorm Training:
- Develop content ideas.
- Create content that is aligned with your authentic authority brand.
- Use our special mind map exercise.
PSS in only 2 days (48h aaaaaaahhh) the doors of the Business Freedom Elevator™ will be opened again! If you'd like to get your exclusive invite and more information on bonuses, discounts and special offers, register now for the waitlist through https://fastforwardamy.com/elevator! What will you get in the BFE™?
- an hour of live coaching with Amy, team FastForward or a guest coach every week to make your name and brand POP and your income soar
- 9 video modules to help you build freedom in your life and business, to which you'll have access for the rest of your life (incl. updates)
- Access to the BFE™ support community, in which you'll get support from your fellow coachees and, of course, team FastForward!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your early invite through https://fastforwardamy.com/elevator and start building your scalable business with confidence and authority!