If you’re a business books, podcasts and motivational Instagram accounts junkie, you’ll have heard a lot about the mysterious “money mindset”. But what exactly IS it? And can changing your mindset really affect your financial reality?
The short answer is HELL YES!
We know that our mindset affects our outlook on life, and this has a concrete impact on our reality. In condensed form, this is how it works:
- If you change how you think, you change your mindset.
- If you change your mindset, you change your behaviours.
- If you change your behaviours, you change your habits.
- If you change your habits, you change your outcomes.
- If you change your outcomes, you change your life.
So to change your financial reality – how much cash you have in the bank – you need to change the way you THINK about money.
Your money mindset is the collection of feelings and thoughts you have about money, developed subconsciously throughout your whole life.
This can be based on how your parents and friends surrounding you talked about money: if your parents were always worrying about how they would pay the bills, it’s possible that you would develop a scared mindset towards money.
As we learned above, our thoughts control our actions. This means that having a negative money mindset can lead to you suffering financially IRL. This could be in the form of not meeting your sales targets, undercharging for your services, or running over on your monthly budget.
If you want money success (who doesn’t?), here’s what you have to do.
You need to cultivate a mindset of financial abundance:
- Through mantras
- Through working with a business coach
- Through focusing on what you HAVE, not on what you lack
- Through sharing the wealth
- Through surrounding yourself with abundant people
- And many, many more…
We want to help you to reach your financial goals and enjoy an abundance mindset, so we’re introducing a weekly article series teaching you EXACTLY how to get started.